One of the things that can really save you or your Admin’s time is a centralized logging server. I came across this article about how to set one up on either GenToo or Ubuntu. It’s a great how to that would get you started. If you are looking for something really powerful I would suggest looking at Splunk. Splunk is a great tool to help you group, filter and analyze your logs. There are very few other solutions. If you have a solution for managing your logs please post it in the comments. If I can get more than just Splunk I will try to do a more in-depth review of the options everyone suggests.
- Logwatch – how to and description
- Log viewers
- Desktop Linux is gaining on Windows and Linux rules the High Performancde Computing Market
- A really awesome article about Robert Young Co-founder of Red Hat Software.
3) Topic of the Night:
What is the best Distro for the Enterprise?
- Recommendations for People to interview
- E-Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to the WebSite to call us via Google Voice
- Follow us on Twitter @linuxinstall